Our cruise was wonderful! It actually made me the laziest I’ve probably ever been. School starts up again this week and for the first time ever, I don’t want to take any classes whatsoever!
Despite that, it was VERY MUCH worth the vacation. Let me add a quick not here before I go on: Dallas and I are not touristy people. We also both don’t like being in crowds. Honestly, the only reason we’ve “toured” the places we have in our marriage has been because friends have invited us to go with them or our family visited us and wanted to tour the area. We’re weird, I know. But I’m a culture person and not a tourist person. I’d rather live in the area for a while and “tour” it that way than go where all the people who don’t live there go.
Ok, now that you know that: The first few days we were at Sea, so we explored the ship, Voyager of the Seas, as much as we dared to. I was a little disappointed in the activities they had for us to do. Yeah, there was a TON to do, BUT that’s mostly if you aren’t Mormon. Casino, LOTS of pubs and bars, etc. They had activities like trivia and some shows which we did attend. Those were fun. The pool would’ve have been nice if everyone on the ship wasn’t always there. We literally could never find two pool chairs next to each other to use. There were TONS of empty pool chairs, but they were all covered with towels, sunscreen, cover ups, etc for people saving chairs who were swimming, which I thought was ridiculous.
So for the first three days we ended up mostly wandering around, looking at the views of the ocean, eating, and lounging in our stateroom watching movies.
The food was wonderful. Not SUPERB. Just wonderful. I think Dallas and I both expected it to be a lot better than it was simply because everyone had talked up the food on Royal Caribbean to us before we left. So we were disappointed, but it was still really good food! I personally enjoyed eating in the dining room all the time. I think Dallas like the buffet better for lunch, but we mostly ate in the dining room.
On Port days, we were just as lazy as we had been. We got up early enough to watch the ship dock in Jamaica, which was pretty cool. In Jamaica, all we did was shop around in the port and then get back on the ship. The Ship is WONDERFUL on port days because NO ONE is on it. The pools were empty – there were hundreds of chairs for us to sunbathe in – no one was at the gym – they were my favorite days to do stuff on the ship!
We didn’t even get off the boat at Grand Cayman. Again, Dallas and I just aren’t touristy people, and we didn’t care that we didn’t set foot in the Grand Cayman Islands. We had a lot more fun on the ship that day. We went to the gym and had a footprint analysis done. Dallas’s feet are pretty much good, just a few areas that could cause him some back pain, but no big deal. Mine were also good, but he pointed out that I probably struggle walking in high heels, which I do. I love high heels, I just can’t walk normally when I’m in them! It’s because all my weight goes to the center of my foot when I’m walking off my toes – so I don’t have flat toes all across to keep my balance. That was pretty cool to learn.
Mexico, we had an excursion. Awful. Awful awful awful. DO NOT go on the jungle hike and beach break excursion. We paid $60 a head for it, and it was just wandering through some vegetation, learning about plants and such for about an hour. Then going to a beach where they fed us a less than ok lunch and we could lay out on a crowded and DRUNK beach. It was GORGEOUS there, but we couldn’t relax and enjoy it because of everything going on around us.
We later went shopping in Mexico which was a lot of fun. They love to barter and you can talk them down pretty low if you just threaten to leave without buying anything. As we left, I was SO intrigued by just how blue the ocean was in Mexico. Next time we go, I’m spending the money to go snorkeling or scuba diving. It was gorgeous and WARM water! So beautiful!
After Mexico, we traveled back home to New Orleans. It was another day at sea, which we once again were just lazy and watched movies in our stateroom, which to me was perfect. We were both super relaxed and free of responsibility the entire cruise, which made it so so so enjoyable! We both gained some weight from all the food, but I’ve already lost all of mine again, and Dallas doesn’t want to lose his but is slowly. :)
It was a great vacation, but I sure am glad to be back on land!
No comments:
Post a Comment