What’s a pregnant mom to do when she can’t sleep? Oh, that’s right, blog, about nonsense.
Naps are great. Especially when my toddler takes 2.5 hour naps and I can sleep for that long as well! Except when it’s 11:00 at night that same day, and now you can’t sleep because you took too long of a nap during the day.
Oops.
So now I’m eating cereal and blogging. Before this, I indexed a few batches of Obituaries (pretty fun!) and finished the taxes (finally!).
Oy, taxes. Ridiculous. For a while I had considered paying someone to do them for the first time ever. Just looking into got to be too much work and I just decided I’d do it myself. Well, since I technically own a business, I had to do the business version of Turbo Tax. $85.00.
And we have lived/worked in 3 different states during 2013. $36.99 per state.
Basically I just paid almost $200 to do the taxes myself..and it probably would have only cost me $50 more to have someone else do them and I wouldn’t have to worry that things got done right.
Next year, definitely having someone else do them. Although Turbo Tax did have this awesome refund thing this year where if you get your refund as an Amazon gift card, you’ll get an extra 10% (So $100 refund as a gift card, get $110 Amazon gift card). Of course I took advantage of that so our refund is even bigger. Woohoo!
Hmm, what else have I been up to lately? Oh yeah, obsessing over cloth diapers. I joined a swap and sell group on facebook exclusively for cloth diapers. Bad idea. I’m going crazy. Awesome deals, so I’m trying not to spend too much money! Also, I should really wait until I know the gender of this next baby so I can decide if it’s ok to get girl colors too or still need to stick to just boy colors.
I have already had a bad experience with it, though. One lady sold me some awesome diapers for about 30% cheaper than buying them new. Showed me pictures, said (and looked like) they were in excellent condition.
She fudged the pictures. I got them in the mail today, so worn out and horribly stained/miscolored. I don’t even want those diapers to touch my baby’s bum! Not very happy about it. Hmph. Guess I need to be a little more cautious about buying used.
So there’s my late-night, insomnia ramblings. Oh, and if you haven’t already, go vote for what you think the gender of this little one is going to be! You can find the link to vote on the post before this one!
No comments:
Post a Comment