Wednesday, May 21, 2014

My amazing score!

As I mentioned in the last post, I was up SUPER late Friday night. Since I couldn’t sleep, I naturally got on Facebook and browsed around forever, looking through the different groups I’m part of but never actually look at.

How lucky was I because I came across a post for some newborn girl’s clothes that looked amazing. All I saw in the picture was about 19 pieces of clothing, with no asking price, so I commented and asked if she’d take $25. (oh, and up to this point, I hadn’t bought a single item yet for our baby girl, so I was really needing to get the ball rolling!)

It just so happened the seller was awake and on Facebook at that same moment and started messaging me about it. Turned out, I had only seen one picture from a post with lots of clothes. She had been shocked that I was asking to pay $25 just for those ones in the picture.
So I searched her name in the group and up came all these posts with girl’s clothes, ranging from newborn up to 6 months!

After some quick looking at them, I decided they looked in great enough condition and would buy them all from her. I did a little bit of haggling, and had some more miscommunication. There were STILL a few more posts I wasn’t seeing. I finally looked at everything she had to offer, gave her a price, and she agreed to it.
Even better was that she could meet me in Denham Springs the next morning as we were headed to the Global Wildlife Center.

No waiting! Awesome.

We met, it was quick, got the clothes. I was amazed at how much there was when she loaded it up into the car! It’s hard to tell, but minus the stroller, those boxes are taking up our entire trunk, WITH the back seats folded down!

IMG_1776

We got home and I just shoved all the boxes into a corner to go through later. I was happy with the deal already!

Sunday night, I finally decide to sort through them all and organize them. I figured this would take about 15 maybe 20 minutes.

Holy moly was this the moment I realized just how great the deal was! I start going through the clothes, and they are in EXCELLENT condition. A lot of them seem never worn or only worn 1 or 2 times! On top of that, there were TONS of clothes. I was separating them by size, and each size (newborn, 0-3, 3, 3-6, etc.) had a giant pile of clothes.
I’m pretty sure with how fast babies grow that my little girl will only get to wear each item once!! And the newborn section we will have to be changing her outfit 3 times a day just to have her wear everything!!!

All the clothes were GORGEOUS outfits too! I can’t wait to start showing them off on the baby once she’s born so you can all see just how great they are!

The first two pics are the 3 month, 3-6 month, and 6 month piles.
The third pic is newborn and 0-3 month. And the final pic is everything together.
(Ignore the packing mess in the background!)

photo 1photo 2photo 3photo 4

I mean seriously! Score!!! I can’t believe I got such an amazing deal! No need to buy girl’s clothes for the first 6 months of her life now!!

No comments: