I’m taking a class this semester called Fit for Life. I took it to be healthier, obviously. I’ve always wanted to be better about exercising and eating healthy, but I’m horrible at disciplining myself. So, I enrolled in this course to force me to do it, because now it’s homework and in order to get an A I need to exercise daily and eat healthy. Good motivation, right?
I’m LOVING it so far. Just reading the first chapter of our book, I’ve learned so much and am doing all I can to be better. Such as getting up early. I’ve always been an early bird, but it’s far too easy for me to roll over in bed when my alarm goes off and fall asleep for another 20 minutes. I’m still up by 7:00 every morning, but for me, that’s late. Early to bed and early to rise is a phrase we have all been taught over and over again. But how to make that “early to rise” part easier?
A couple things I’ve noticed that help me:
First, stretch in the morning when you first wake up. It gets your blood flowing and helps wake you up.
Open the blinds; let the sunlight in!!!!! I was sly in picking my bedroom up here at college, and I chose the one with 3 windows rather than just one. Nope, I did not do this on accident. I specifically picked more sunlight, because I love natural light!!! I wake up now, and open the blinds to 2 of my windows, letting as much sunlight in as possible. Believe me, it does wake you up.
GET OUT OF BED! After you stretch and open those blinds, don’t get back into bed! Don’t sit in bed to read or check your phone or whatever else. Go downstairs (Or upstairs…whichever it is for you) and move around. Make yourself breakfast – something HEALTHY.
Like this morning, I made myself eggs and toast and ate a banana. And as I ate, I read. I read my scriptures. Then I read my book. You could read the newspaper or a magazine even. But get your mind moving!
I’m planning on beginning to exercise in the mornings as well – either go running or do yoga every morning.
It may not seem like it, but getting up early actually gives you more energy throughout the day. Trust me on this. We all know when we sleep in, we wake up feeling groggy and tired.
DON’T HIT THAT SNOOZE BUTTON!
GET UP!
EMBRACE THE MORNING!
2 comments:
i hated you for picking the room with the windows ;)
I figured as much. I was sly and asked Tiffany what the earliest I could move in was, mostly because I wanted out of my house, but partly also because I wanted to pick the room...
Sorry love.
Had I known what great friends we would become.....
Post a Comment