Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What have I done?!?!

 

So my wonderful sister-in-law, Jen, posted this lovely picture on facebook last night. Dallas’s grandfather passed away the day we were supposed to leave for Louisiana, and therefore our trip was postponed until after the funeral. It was great for Dallas to get to see everyone who couldn’t make it to the receptions or wedding, and it was great for me to attempt to figure out who everyone was. (So far, I’ve got my immediate in-laws and his Uncle Brian’s family down – except all the little grandbabies) This picture was taken after the luncheon that day:

311885_2038216236598_1280025412_31805994_1847884350_n

Can you spot me and Dallas?

As I was looking at this lovely picture (and how awful I look – sheesh), Dallas’s brother Jason made the comment that he loves being in such a big family. And I realized, dang, this is a huge family.

Not even BOTH sides of my extended family is equal to this many people! And possibly not even FURTHER extended (2nd cousins, etc) would equal this many!

I have inherited quite a bit of family. Now I know what it’s like. I always had friends who didn’t even know some of their immediate cousins because their families were so big – and I thought that was crazy.

But now? Now I understand completely!

I love this family! They are so much fun! Hopefully in time I’ll finally know everyone!

No comments: