Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Royal Caribbean

  In a last minute decision and very lucky huge price drop, Dallas and I have booked a cruise to go on!!!! I’m so stinkin excited for this, too. We’ve been looking into going on a cruise pretty much since the moment we got to Louisiana, but the prices were just too expensive for us and we just weren’t willing to spend a lot on a cruise. About a month ago, we finally gave up trying to find one and just settled on going on one later in life when we have more money.

Two events changed that decisions. The first was going to lunch with a whole bunch of friends on Monday. One of our friends, Karissa, went on a cruise about a month ago and was singing praises beyond praises about it. We got to talking about it and she explained to me a lot of the ins and outs on the cruise she went on. She got me super excited and wanting to go on one again before our time in Louisiana was up.

The next day, Dallas texted me from work saying he got a phone call from Carnival Cruise lines. One of the cruises we had looked into a month ago had dropped significantly in price and they were wondering if we wanted to book. That sparked my interest even more. So I got online and began comparing cruises and cruise lines.

I found a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise leaving at the PERFECT time for only about $30 more than the 5-day we had been looking into. Then, I found another 7-day – exact same everything on a different cruise line. So the final question was Carnival or Royal Caribbean? After about 30 minutes of research and multiple facebook comments on my status inquiring which was better – Royal Caribbean won out by a landslide. (Plus – they don’t require me to have my marriage license to board since I am “underage”. Carnival would’ve made me bring it.)

So – all ya’ll enjoying the STILL freezing cold weather back home can be jealous as Dallas and I enjoy some of this:

 

 

I. Can’t. Wait.

No comments: