I’ve been seriously slacking on blogging. But in my defense, I’ve been working on my new business (shelbyane.myitworks.com go check it out!), moving BACK to Baton Rouge, and most important of all, taking care of my precious baby Carson.
I’m not one of those bloggers that likes to catch up on all the things I’ve done that I’ve yet to blog about. There’s way too much of that. So instead, I’ll go on with the reason I’m blogging today.
As I mentioned earlier, we’ve moved back to Baton Rouge. Mississippi was nice, but that job was stressful and we were happy to come back to a familiar place. This is the first time I have ever moved all on my own. The first time to Louisiana, we were newly married…moving was going to happen anyway. To Mississippi, I had just had Carson and my mom was visiting, so she did most of the moving for me. This time though, it was all me. Packing, cleaning, and organizing, all while trying to take care of Carson.
Carson. Boy that kid. He’s been teething. And also hit a growth spurt this week. Which equals HUGE amounts of fussiness and hunger, which obviously doesn’t bode well with the whole stress of moving.
In other words, stress beyond belief for me. I kept getting mad at Dallas. I kept getting frustrated with Carson. I was sick of it all and just wanted to nap.
Last night, as we were dealing with cockroaches and a big furniture mix up, I went to try to put Carson, as fussy as ever, down for a nap. He loves to fight naps big time…so he wiggled and twisted and screamed at me as I tried to calm him down.
Eventually, he settled into my arms and I sat there rocking him slowly until he closed his eyes. As I was doing this, I got the gentle thought “It will pass…it will pass all too quickly”.
I let that thought soak into me…and realized it’s true. It will pass. I’m frustrated and stressed right now, but it will go away, and I’ll look back on this time a few months, even years, from now and wish I would have just spent more time with Carson, cared more for him, enjoyed him in each stage (even the fussy ones). There’s always a million things to get done. There’s always stresses. I could easily let those take over my life and have Carson just be another “thing” to take care of.
But I’ll regret it. I’ll regret it deeply. I’m so glad Heavenly Father gave me that thought yesterday. Now all the stressed and lists of things to get done don’t seem so important. Who cares if my house is packed up, if I have no furniture to sleep on or use? I have Carson to make precious memories with!
No comments:
Post a Comment