Friday, February 7, 2014

Carson the Genius

I am quite often amazed at just how smart and creative Carson is. For someone who can’t talk, he sure figures a lot of things out, including communication!
Earlier as I was giving him the first of what will probably be multiple baths today, he was playing with an eye dropper I gave him as a bath toy. First, he figured out how to take the bulb off the dropper. Seriously, I didn’t even know that was possible! Then (oh, and I forgot to mention he’s also quite the comedian) he put the plastic tub in his mouth, put the other end into the water, and started blowing bubbles/drinking the water like a straw. He was getting such a laugh over it too! Where does this kid come up with these things?

When I vacuum, he grabs his popper toy (the one that you push around and the little balls in it making a popping sound) and starts to “vacuum” with me.

Every single day he’s figuring out something new and it really does amaze me. How does a child this young know and understand all these things already? Even communication! I can ask him to do things or grab something for me and he knows exactly what I said and does it. I guess because they still can’t vocalize we don’t realize how much their little brains are taking in!

This cutie is going to be smarter than me before I know it!

Hawkes-Family-9

No comments: