Monday, July 7, 2014

Independence Day Weekend

It’s rare that Dallas has a 3 1/2 day weekend, so of course we wanted to take advantage of it! We had decided earlier in the week that we would spend the weekend in Atlanta visiting Dallas’s aunt, seeing the sights, and going to Six Flags. I was excited for the trip, and even more excited for Carson to get to go enjoy Six Flags and see some fireworks!

But, as seems to always be our luck, it didn’t work out. Our car was in the shop we and had been for about two weeks. We thought for sure we’d have it back by the weekend, but we didn’t (in fact, we only just FINALLY got it back today!)

I figured we’d just find something local to do, and found out Dothan does this Freedom Fest that’s sort of like a carnival. Of course we had to do that (also because they don’t do anything else but that around here.)

Friday morning rolled around, we woke up and started to get ready. I checked online to figure out the times for the Freedom Fest, and we had missed it! Apparently they do it the day BEFORE Independence Day. Not sure why, but I was bummed because now we had absolutely NOTHING to do for the 4th.

Instead, we just lazed around all weekend. Did a little swimming, had a BBQ on the 4th with one of Dallas’s co-workers, and spent some much needed time as a family. Even though it wasn’t quite the weekend I wanted to have, it was still a great one for our little family!

Here are the only pictures I took over the weekend. I should really be better at taking more!

photo 1 (2)photo 2 (2)

Don’t worry, It’s IBC Root Beer. Carson HATES the stuff, but loves playing with the bottles after Daddy drinks it all!
photo 3 (2)photo 4 (1)My handsome boys all ready for church!photo 5

No comments: