Today was my birthday – the big 19!!! To be honest with you, I wasn’t sure how it was going to turn out. Kinda thought it might suck for a bit there because it was going to be overshadowed by Carmen’s farewell.
I was going to have Saturday be my sort of celebration – but that bombed. None of my friends could do anything – so, well, here’s exactly what I did the past two days:
Saturday.
8 am.
Went to work.
Got off around 3 – and went to Wingers with Debbie (and sorta Brad – he was in the back cooking though
)
Went home around 4 – my cousins were already there for Carmen’s farewell – so I took my adorable little nieces (my cousins children) ice skating…where Brad worked after Wingers haha. He came and skated with us for a bit – and the girls were a LOT of fun
Near the end Kahlan started skating all by herself…and Danneke was just enjoying scooting around on her bum ![]()
I then went home – dropped off the girls, and drove back up to my apartment. Sat alone. bored. sad no one could do anything.
Then LAUREN my wonderful roommate/best friend
came running in my room….threw down a cake on my head – kissed my forehead – hugged me to death and screamed happy birthday. We ate some of the cake- and then she kidnapped me. We just went and got ice cream and hot chocolate – took pictures, laughed, talked, and had a blast (NOT IN MY CAR!!!! haha LUF U LAUR!)
We came back to the apartment – stayed up just chatting, messing around on the comp, etc. etc. until around 2 am.
SUNDAY
Woke up – got ready – and drove down to IF for Carmen’s farewell which was AMAZING. She did great!
And I got to see TONS of family and friends!! I was having a blast visiting with everyone! It became my pseudo birthday party
Everyone sang happy birthday to me and wished me a great day, etc. It was great. Cody and Nathan came over and hung out with Laur and I as well
THEN I went back to my apartment- bored again. Lauren made me chicken pillows for dinner
My favorite.
She left to go party with Carson and I went up to my room again to mess around. A few hours later, I hear a knock at the door, my roommate opening the door and Matt’s voice saying “hi is Shelby here?”
I ran downstairs.
Literally.
And there was Matt, MC, Aaron, and Tom all standing there. They busted out into a chorus of Happy Birthday, which made me smile like no other. They came inside and chatted a bit with me. It totally made my day. I was super surprised. Had no idea they knew it was my birthday or even where I lived! It really really made my day
I haven’t seen any of them in nearly a month so ESPECIALLY on my birthday did it make me happy just to see them all.
And along with all of this – everyone’s been texting, calling, e-mailing, facebooking me all day to wish me a happy birthday and just chat!
I feel so loved today.
What a great great birthday. I really haven’t had a birthday this great ever. This one is definitely my best and my favorite by far!
Thanks everyone for making it spectacular!!!
You are the greatest friends/family a girl could ask for!
No comments:
Post a Comment