Friday, June 29, 2012

Our first niece!!

The longer this pregnancy goes on, the more and more I just wish we had this baby already! I get on facebook and can’t get enough of all the pictures my friends are uploading of their newborns.

Just yesterday, my first niece, Penelope, was born. It’s funny because I feel like I’ve “finally” become an aunt, although I technically became one when I married Dallas. It probably just feels more real because it’s blood this time for me!

Doesn’t she look a ton like Brian?
I’ve never been one that is good at looking at newborns and picking out which features came from which parents, but with her I was pretty shocked at how much she looked like him. Maybe it’s because he’s my brother, but still.
I can’t wait to meet her in person in a month. I’m still a bit upset she was born just two days after I flew home from Idaho – I was that close to seeing her!
But it’s ok I suppose. I’ll just keeping looking at baby things I want our little button to have to pass the time!

No comments: