Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The happenings of late

Boy how time flies! I’ve been so terrible about blogging, but hey, I have a full-time job of being a new mommy, so I think I’ll excuse myself Smile
Since I last blogged, a lot has happened. Of course, Carson has gotten older. He’s nearly 5 months now!!! How did that happen? He’s SO much fun…always babbling away, playing with his toys, laughing at mom, STARTING to roll over and much more! Dallas and I like to pretend he says mom and dad….really it’s a slight “ma” or “da” among his babbling…and it’s really meaningless, but we like to get our hopes up.

Some of the bigger news, I went back for a visit to Idaho AGAIN in March. Carson and I were there for 6 whole weeks! It was bliss. The reason we went was a bittersweet one, however. My wonderful wonderful grandpa passed away. It was coming, and we all knew it was coming. I actually had a feeling last summer it would be getting close to time and I kept thinking “please let him make it to meet Carson” As you know, he did. He was even able to be a part of Carson’s blessing.

We went home the first week in March. Mom had been calling me updating me on all of Grandpa’s health issues. Monday, I got the feeling I might need to go home. Tuesday I knew I needed to go home. I just had this feeling that Grandpa was going to pass away that weekend. So I booked a plane ticket that day and flew out Wednesday. I was able to have a very spiritual and uplifting meeting with Grandpa and to say goodbye. I knew it was goodbye too…I knew once I left that day, it would be the last time I saw him.

He passed away that Sunday morning and the funeral was the next weekend. It was so moving. For those of you who don’t know, Grandpa was an avid scouter and loved the scouting program. He was the leader for the 11 year old scouts for many years. At his funeral, everyone who was ever a scout wore their scout uniform, and as the casket was carried out of the church, the scouts were all standing there saluting. It was quite the sight. (I would put up pictures but I’m just now realizing all my pictures of the funeral are on Dallas’s computer…boo)

I was able to stay in Idaho until April 14 because Dallas was coming out for some training anyway…so rather than fly back to Mississippi and then to Idaho again, I just stayed. It’s nice to be back with Dallas, but man Idaho was so fun…especially for Carson to be around so much family!

My one big story for Carson from being home was him burning his poor leg Sad smile Hot water…couldn’t believe it did that. I was giving him a quick rinse after a blowout, and the water in the faucet suddenly turned boiling hot. His leg was under the stream at the time and it got burnt bad. I felt so horrible. It’s all healed now thank goodness!

IMG_0723IMG_0727IMG_0732

No comments: