Sunday, January 12, 2014

Happenings of Late

Thursday was my birthday! Woohoo, I’m getting old! Maybe now I won’t look like a teenager? Probably not, though…
It was a good day. My friends took me out to lunch at California Pizza Kitchen, which was delicious. The best part was having all the Sister Missionaries walk in (remember, this is Baton Rouge, not Utah. It’s rare to run into them or for them to see people they actually know, and we run into them a lot!!!). Among them was my cousin, Sister Thornley. We chatted a bit and I found out they were all there because their mission president was treating them to lunch. What a nice guy.
Then all the Sisters proceeded to serenade me right there in the restaurant. Yup. I’m sure it was a sight for everyone else…all these women with name tags in dresses and skirts surrounding a table with babies and more women, and singing happy birthday. Needless to say, I was embarrassed.

All week I’ve been using my birthday present to take pictures of Carson. Nothing else really, just Carson. But that’s what it’s for, right?
Dallas surprised me (and himself) yesterday with ANOTHER present. He went to the apartment office to get a package we were told was sitting there, and came back wondering who the heck sent us something from Deseret Book. Turns out, HE bought me a new Temple Bag and totally forgot he had done so. That was pretty hilarious.
Carson loved my birthday too because he gets to play with all the boxes from all my presents. I just wish he could be this easily entertained all his life!

016030031073077079

No comments: