As I’ve mentioned multiple times before, I am horrible at blogging. It’s true. I just keep not doing it. So this year, I’ve decided to turn a new leaf and try to be better at blogging! In fact, I’ve made a whole bunch of New Year Resolutions that I am going to blog so that I’m held accountable for them!
Shelby’s New Year Resolutions:
1) Read scriptures individually and as a family daily
2) Pray individually and as a family daily
3) Eat healthier (more on that below)
4) Attend the temple monthly
5) Hold weekly Family Home Evening
6) Blog more
7) Social Media less (no more than 30 minutes a day)
8) Do activities with/for Carson
Some of these resolutions might seem like your typical “cop out” resolutions, but the fact is I’m listing them because I am horrible at doing them. We always have the goal of reading scriptures daily. Last year, we met that goal about %50 percent. Not really that great. It’s a little embarrassing to admit, but I’m admitting it because this year I want to and am going to do better!
The eating healthier thing is something that just recently came about. I feel like I always try to eat somewhat healthy. Just the past two weeks, however, my body has been reacting weird to foods and I’ve just narrowed it down to a possible gluten intolerance. So I’ve decided to attempt a gluten-free diet for the next little while to see if it really is that causing the problems. As I looked into everything that has gluten in it, I realized this is basically a “making me eat healthier” diet because SO MANY bad processed foods have gluten. Like Cream of soups…did you know that? Crazy. So anyway, all my gluten-free friends and family out there…some recipes and guidance would be helpful!
Now the one that I believe is going to be most difficult is the social media one. I’m a Facebook addict. I mean ADDICT. I try to justify it by saying I have my business to build through facebook, but half the time I’m not working on my business. Facebook is just bad for me anyway. Being able to see all the things everyone does and posts about every single day is a little too much to know about everyone. Facebook is what triggers my bad side of being judgmental and jealous. It’s just not good for me. So bye bye Facebook. (and yes, I’ve deleted the facebook and instagram apps off my phone…and already I’ve noticed that I’m not on my phone nearly as much because that’s all I ever checked!)
So there you have it. Most of my New Year’s Resolutions. Hold me to them. Help me out! Yell at me if you see me on Facebook
Happy New Year everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment