End of a semester. End of a year. End of this cold (hopefully…)
I’m not sure what to think lately. I FINALLY finished the semester…thank goodness I thought I was going to die. But the really funny thing? Now that it’s over, I have NOTHING to do. Literally. Nothing. I actually got BORED browsing the internet, playing games, watching movies, and cleaning the apartment – all things I did (and enjoyed) to avoid homework. But now that there is no homework to be avoided, I’m literally bored. I get this way. I hate not being busy – hate it hate it hate it. Always have – which is why I’ve always loved working or going to school. But the funny thing is when I am in school, I complain and complain until I can’t anymore, and then complain some more. I feel so overwhelmed and stressed over my schooling when I’m doing it, but miss it dearly when I’m not. Am I crazy? I must be!
I literally submitted my last assignment Saturday night, and here I am Monday morning already wishing my classes for next semester were open early so I could get a head start and get them done! But of course, they aren’t, so I’m bored.
I did get lucky this week, though! My dear friend is flying home to Idaho for a few days this week, really last minute, and she asked me to watch the kiddos for her. 6 kids. Ages 2 through 15. From sun-up to sun-down while her hubby is at work (with my hubby). Hallelujah I have something to keep me busy!!!!! (It did take some convincing to her that I actually WANTED to do this for 3 straight days and that she doesn’t need to ask a million people to help) But I’m excited.
Now to get over this dang cold. Yup. Been fighting a cold, felt it coming on Saturday night. Of course I took some nyquil to get ahead, but it completely backfired. I woke up feeling sicker, and the drowsiest I have ever been!! I literally woke up to my alarm (I ALWAYS wake up before my alarm goes off!!), got up and showered, but fell asleep IN THE SHOWER and was still completely groggy and really not even there. I may have been dreaming the whole thing. So I curled back up in bed and Dallas said I was out again within 3 seconds of laying down. No wonder I didn’t make it to church…I slept through most of that too. But by the time Dallas got home from church I was finally somewhat awake and thought I was over the cold.
Then it hit this morning.
The good news is that now that it has hit, I can usually get rid of it by the next day, so today is my sick day, tomorrow – well…we’ll see what I feel like doing then!
Merry soon to be Christmas everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment