Thursday, December 15, 2011

Surprise!!!

Our surprise trip to Idaho was a success! Dallas and I have been planning this for well over a month and it could not have turned out better!!! We bought plane tickets the beginning of November to go home to Idaho this last weekend, and didn’t tell a soul. We reserved the rental car and everything! I had been super stoked for this trip forever!

Our wonderful friend Ashley was so kind enough to drive us to the airport last Friday afternoon to begin our long journey. We boarded at 3:30 and were out of New Orleans by 3:51. The flight was 2 1/2 hours, but wasn’t so bad. I had a book to read for finals, and Dallas had some games to watch and sleeping to do.

We landed in Denver thinking we would only have a couple minutes to begin boarding our next flight, but surprise surprise: DELAYED!!!

30 minutes.

We finally board.

But now we have to de-ice since some fog has rolled in. awesome.

SO we don’t actually leave the Denver airport until sometime around 8:10. Ugh. Especially considering we were supposed to get IN to Salt Lake at 7:49. We don’t get in until 9:00, wait forever for the luggage, wait forever for the rental, and finally are driving away from SLC around 10:30 (talk about crappy).

The roads were great though and Dallas was wide awake!

We get into Idaho Falls around 1:15, and can’t manage to break into my house without causing some commotion, so I finally just called my parents to come open the door. Oh their faces.

My mom thought I was going  crazy telling her to open HER OWN FRONT DOOR!

But lo and behold, there we were, freezing to death in the super dry, super cold Idaho weather.

They were ecstatic.

And so were Dallas’s parents the next morning, when his mom stared at us for a good minute before realizing we were really there in person.

And then there were my old roommates. Oh boy. That was the best. Lauren opened the door, stared at me, then screamed at the top of her lungs while jumping on me. She was SUPER excited…which of course woke up the other roommates, who were too scared by the scream to even move (or in Kadee’s case, just not willing to do anything Lauren wanted her to so did not move).

I ran upstairs, opened their door, Kadee began to cry tears of joy at seeing me and Kaitlin zoomed right over for a hug. It. Was. Spectacular.

The weekend itself was great, extremely busy, but great.

Here are some pictures (courtesy of Kadee and Jenn):

Kadee and I:

381273_10150415888248372_735763371_8778535_1697454625_n387649_10150412711143372_735763371_8765664_342105047_n

 

Dallas and I with our newest nephew, Logan (so adorable, by the way) That night, I convince Dallas’ brother, Ryan, that the baby was ours. It took him a minute to figure out we’d only been married 3 months and that he was actually Brandon and Jenn’s!

382833_2313575120398_1280025412_31949414_32825540_n

 

All in all it was a wonderful trip. We were able to see our entire immediate families, all except Carmen, who of course is on a mission. We even were able to visit with lots of extended family! I’m so glad we were able to go and surprise everyone!

Merry early Christmas!!!!!

No comments: