Think that’s what I should become? Because I’m sure beginning to think so. This week I learned so much more of my LOVE for babysitting! Seriously, I love it. A lot. I’m actually even a little competitive and get jealous when I find out kiddos I love to babysit are being babysat by someone else. A little much? Probably. But I love it that much!!!

I love it enough that on Thanksgiving day, when our good friends were wanting to go Black Friday shopping, I volunteered Dallas and I for the whole night!!! (And honestly, how could you not with how adorable the boys we watched are!?)
On Friday, my other good friend needed someone to be home when her boys got off the bus. I was MORE than excited! (And am even planning a sleepover for those boys in a couple of weeks!!!)
We got asked after church today to watch the CUTEST baby boy you have ever seen this coming weekend, and we had to say no. I think a part of me died when I did that. I love babies. I don’t just love babies, I mean I LOVE babies!!!! You ask me to watch 20 kids and throw a baby in there, I’ll do it in a heartbeat. So why did we have to say no? We already have plans that we made WEEKS ago with some of our best friends. I have been SO excited to go do something with these friends, but turning down babysitting an adorable baby boy was too much.
That’s when I realized how much I love babysitting. I’m quite literally ready to drop everything if it means I get to go play with some kids, toddlers, or babies for awhile! I mean EVERYTHING, even fun plans with friends! Pathetic, I know. But hey, I love it! Ask my friends back home that I babysat for – I STILL volunteer to watch their kids, even though I’m hundreds of miles away and can’t do it. I’d do anything to be able to!!!
Maybe I’m addicted to babysitting. You think they have a babysitter anonymous?
So here is my public announcement to everyone:
If you need a sitter, call me up. If I’m not already watching someone else’s kids, I’ll be happy to play with yours! ![]()
2 comments:
I get secretly jealous when you babysit for other kiddos ...becuase in my heart you will always be my #1 babysitter!!! We miss you a ton!!!!! Brin loves looking through your pictures on facebook and saying "theres shelby!!"!!!
Aww! I seriously wish that you lived by me! Not only for babysitting, but so we could hang out too! :)
Post a Comment