Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father’s Day

With the move, and buying a new car (yeah, we bought a new one….so much drama, don’t really want to go into it so all I’ll say is we bought a new car!), we’ve been so busy and spent so much money, I really slacked on doing Father’s Day for Dallas this year.
He keeps saying “We got rid of the Durango. That’s a big relief and enough of a Father’s Day present!” But maybe I’ll have to surprise him with something later in the week…

One thing about this Father’s Day that I’ve loved is Carson is a toddler now and not just a baby. He’s been more lovely and expressive with Dallas, and the only word he currently can say with meaning is “Dada”.

That kid sure loves his Daddy. Always wanting to play with him. Always wanting to show him things. Always saying his name.

Church made it even more special to me with Carson finally being in Nursery. I went to pick him up from nursery after church, and he came running to me with this adorable card he made for his Daddy.

photo 2 (1)photo 3 (1)

Now here comes my annoying “Proud Mom” post. I saw this card and was filled with joy at what Carson had done. Yes, all it is is some different colored scribbles, and I’m positive his nursery leaders helped him quite a bit in coloring this (just knowing the way my son colors), but this is the first thing he intentionally made for anyone and you could tell he was pretty proud of himself for it.
I was so excited to have him give it to Dallas, although Dallas sort of ruined the moment for me. We found him, and I put Carson down and said “Go give this to Daddy!”
Carson went running over to Dallas as fast as he could and handed it right to him, but Dallas was too busy chatting with someone and didn’t look at it or appreciate it right away, so I was disappointed in the moment, haha.

But it was the cutest thing! This is definitely a card I am keeping for Carson forever. Man, I’m such a mom loving this card that much!!! It makes me realize just how much my own parents probably truly appreciated all the little dumb things we did for or gave them, too!!

So Happy Father’s Day to all the wonderful Dad’s out there, especially to my Dad (Carson’s Opa), my father-in-law (Carson’s Grandpa), and my wonderful husband!

No comments: