Sunday, June 29, 2014

My Little Toddler

It’s almost as if Carson became a toddler overnight! I don’t know when it happened. Just all of a sudden he’s not a baby anymore! He learns new things every day, and even surprises me with how much he knows! The other day I was asking him where all his body parts were (something we’ve done multiple times in the past and he’s always had no clue except for ears). This time, he knew everything! Even things like arms and legs that I hadn’t really worked on teaching him! Man, they sure absorb so much at this age!
Carson also now sleeps on a big boy bed. When we moved to Alabama, there was a twin bed with part of our furniture in our new apartment. Last time (in Louisiana), we just sent it back to the rental company because we knew we wouldn’t use it. But with the baby coming soon and Carson being much older, Dallas decided we should give it a try, and Carson’s had no problem with it at all! I thought for sure we’d be waking up multiple times a night to put him back in bed, but nope! He seems to sleep better on it than his crib!

Going along with nighttime, Carson now LOVES to brush his teeth. We bought a whole bunch of toddler toothbrushes that light up (to tell them how long to brush) and he gets excited every night to put toothpaste on it, turn on the lights, and brush his teeth. He even loves spitting, although right now he just makes kissy noises and swallows all the toothpaste. Oh well, baby steps, right?

He also says “Batman” in a deep, growly voice, and gives us “thumbs” up with his fingers, as you can see in the picture below.

IMG_1892

I guess it’s a good thing I’ll be having another baby soon, because it makes me so sad to realize my baby isn’t a baby!!!! He’s definitely a lot of fun as a toddler, though! And just as adorable as ever!

No comments: