Friday, March 11, 2011

Hawaii Tsunami

Maybe it’s the things are hitting closer to home. Maybe it’s that I’m growing up and actually realizing just how bad these things can be. Either way, With every new natural disaster, I feel a heavier and heavier burden. Katrina didn’t really effect me. I mean, yeah it was crazy because it was in the United States, but I didn’t know anyone who lived there, I had never been there, I just thought it was crazy.

There was the Tsunami in the east. That hit me a little harder because it was HUGE.

But I heard about the 8.9 earthquake in Japan last night. And then immediately heard how Hawaii was on Tsunami watch.

And a burden just fell on me. I’ve been watching the news all night and all morning.

I don’t know if it means something  to me because I’m moving to Hawaii in August, or because family is in California, or what. But I just know I heard about it, and I’m overwhelmed by what’s going on.

For the first time I ever I knew about this big disaster before my family even did! I was the one calling THEM to tell them about it!

 

As these things are happening around me, and each one seems to be harder and harder to bear, I ALWAYS think about how it’s just the signs of the times. We have had SO MANY of these HUGE natural disasters in the past DECADE alone. They are getting more frequent. I’m always reminded that it’s just showing how much closer to the Second Coming we are getting. Add all the wars to that, and we’re even CLOSER.

I truly believe there’s a very very very very good chance the second coming is going to happen in my lifetime. I will be here and alive for that glorious moment.

And I am here right now to prepare for the and prepare others  for that. To warn God’s other children and bring them to the Gospel, so they too can be saved.

And with the hundreds and thousands of people dying in these disasters, it just pushes me to hurry and do MORE of the work as fast as I can – which includes temple work. People are dying left and right who have never had the chance to hear the gospel, and that’s where we come in with regards to the temple. We go and do their work for them so they can have the opportunity, should they choose, to have the gospel.

 

I’m praying for the people in Hawaii, Japan, and surrounding areas. Keep praying everyone.

No comments: