It's just Dallas and I. Out here. In Louisiana. No family to go party with.
But luckily we have great friends!!
We are new Primary Teachers to the 4-6 year old classes. (FUN!) One of these little boys was extremely scared of me at first (a few weeks ago), but has since fallen in love with me instead and was insistent that Dallas and I come over to carve pumpkins with him on Sunday night.
Sure enough, his mother texted me and said he was positive we were coming over to carve pumpkins so we were welcome to join. Of course we went - who could pass up a 5 -year old?
We had a lot of fun. He's a very clean child, so "gutting" the pumpkin got gross once he had to put his whole hand in and touch the slime - leaving dad to do the rest of the dirty work.
And Dallas let me do the dirty work on our own pumpkin - while he carved.
Which I was quite ok with since I got to play with the 4 month old baby while he was carving away (Who by the way was giggling and smiling all night. He was such a happy boy!)
And our final product?
(Dallas didn't take any pictures of the other pumpkins, so if I get any later I'll update for you!)
Our little friend wanted to keep our pumpkin outside their house with their pumpkins, so we left it there since we don't really have anywhere to place our pumpkin anways!
He did tell me, though, that we can pick up the pumpkin after Halloween is over :) Such a cute kid!
For Halloween night, our good friends the Pena's invited us to help them trick or treat (6 kids and 4 adults...lots of fun!)
Dallas was running the whole time racing two of the boys, and I was either playing with the cutest baby lion you ever saw or chatting it up with my BFF Karli!
It was definitely the most fun I've had on Halloween since I was 12!

No comments:
Post a Comment