Monday, November 28, 2011

Weird Bug?

I’m thinking some super odd bug is going around. So here’s a heads up in case you get it (so you don’t think you’re dying like I of course did Winking smile)

I had some pretty bad pain yesterday – on the right side of my body (mostly from the waist down to where us girlies get cramps) – but let me tell you it wasn’t like cramp pain. It was definitely something different – and I honestly don’t even know how to describe it. Dull and achy, but also sharp at times, sometimes mild, sometimes moderate.

BUT here’s the weird thing – it hurts the worst when eating. I ate anything, and that’s when it would begin hurting bad. Of course during this experience I’m freaking out thinking I have ovarian cancer or my appendix is exploding or something (I tend to like to think the worst…yeah…).

I don’t like the doctors here though. Last time I went to one, he shoved me off like everything I was having was nothing. Dead serious. (I posted about it much earlier, in October, if you remember) So not a fan of going to doctors in Louisiana. I was just going to wait it out and see what happened with the pain – see if it was constant and then the next time I went home I would see a doctor, see if it went away, or see if it worsened and I HAD to face a doctor here.

Luckily I woke up this morning with just small pain (I’ll call it “sore pain” – where it’s very very mild pain that’s the same as before, but again, just mild and almost non-existent). And I haven’t had much more trouble with it.

Still, I called my momma about it (Because mothers know everything) and sure enough, she had something very similar a couple weeks ago. Pretty much the same (pain from eating) except her pain was more located in her stomach (Still near where mine was…mine was just located to the right side). And apparently some of her friends had had the same thing.

SO our conclusion is that it is some weird bug, maybe a flu, going around. Ours only lasted a day or two. So if yours last longer than that, probably get it checked out.

Again, here were our symptoms:

  • Pain (mild to moderate) in the stomach/intestine areas
  • Pain worsened when eating.

Hope none of you have to get this bug!!

No comments: